Who we are
Shawbrook is a new savings and lending bank. We specialise in the savings and lending markets where we have strong experience and knowledge. We combine traditional banking values with a modern approach.
We give our customers a straightforward, no-nonsense alternative to the high street.
Where we came from
We’ve been in business since 1944. We changed our name to Shawbrook in October 2011.
Shawbrook has no legacy lending from the financial crisis, so we’re free of toxic debt.
Who watches over us
We are regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Our brokers are licensed by the Office of Fair Trading and regulated under the Consumer
We pay an annual levy to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, and this fund protects our customers’ deposits.
Find out more at www.fscs.org.uk
Broker-arranged loans to
help your cashflow
Borrow at competitive rates without affecting your mortgage deal
Our secured loans (often called second-charge loans or home-owner loans) are only available to home owners and are arranged through brokers.
People use secured loans to finance improvements to the home, reduce their monthly interest by consolidating existing finance into a more affordable payment or pay for special one-off items like a wedding or a long-planned holiday.
We only work with a small number of independent brokers who meet our strict requirements, and specialise in secured loans.
THE OVERALL COST FOR COMPARISON IS 17.2% APR. THE ACTUAL RATE AVAILABLE WILL DEPEND UPON YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES. ASK FOR A PERSONALISED ILLUSTRATION. THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE SECURING OTHER DEBTS AGAINST YOUR HOME. YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE OR ANY OTHER DEBT SECURED ON IT.
These loans are secured on your home
This means that we take a legal charge on your home, in a similar way that your mortgage company has a charge on your home. A ‘charge on your home’ means that if the worst comes to the worst and you can’t pay your mortgage or homeowner loan, a bank can repossess your home.
- Find out more about secured loans in the borrow FAQs.
- If you’d like to know more, click on the ‘Speak to a broker’ button, or call us on 0845 600 7681.
- You can borrow between £3,000 and £200,000. Payment terms are flexible to suit your needs.
- Secured loans give home-owners a way to borrow at competitive rates without affecting their mortgage deal.
- Secured loans are a useful way to consolidate existing finance (monthly payments are usually lower than payments on multiple loans or credit cards), or pay for a wedding or a special holiday.
- These loans are secured on your home. If the worst comes to the worst and you can’t pay your homeowner loan, we can – as a last resort – repossess your home.
- These loans have a variable interest rate (like many mortgage deals) and interest rates can go up as well as down.
- Some secured loans may start with a fixed rate, but go onto a variable rate after an introductory period (typically three years). Make sure you study the payment illustrations in your secured-loan agreement carefully.